Title: Machine Operator
Reports To: Operations Supervisor
We strive and achieve leading edge craftsmanship in the creation of our award-winning cabinetry. We have two shifts. Our day shift runs from 6:45am- 3:15pm Monday to Friday and our evening shift runs from 3:15pm – 1:15am Monday to Thursday. A Machine Operator runs and maintains equipment and machinery while working efficiently and effectively to maintain production schedule and flow.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Results Oriented
- Operates production line machinery, related computer software, and performs all duties according to established operating procedures
- Performs routine cleaning, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and maintains orderly work, storage areas and departments
- Completes daily production logs and communicates with operators from other shifts
- Ensures high quality control with an attention to detail by making any necessary adjustments to maintain consistency
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, and maintain high standards of operational activities, introducing efficiencies where applicable
- Recognizes and addresses or reports any potential/detected safety, deterioration, repair needs and maintenance needs to Supervisor
- Functions independently, as assigned, or as part of a team in completing orders as necessary.
- Performs other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- One year’s experience in a manufacturing environment
- One year’s experience working with machines
- Experience in a multiple wood products environment an asset
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and software computer programs
- Ability to lift and slide plywood sheets and to apply safe work practices on the job.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently produce quality product under pressure situations and changing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, interact well with employees in all departments with good verbal and written communication skills
- Established leadership and organizational skills to ensure work gets processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Perform other duties as required
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- Preference given to AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate
- Preference given to a candidate with cabinet manufacturing experience
If you are interested in joining our organization, then send your resume to: email@example.com
Westwood offers competitive wages, above average benefits package with 100% employer paid benefits premiums, and room for advancement within our growing company. Wages are based on education and experience.
Westwood Fine Cabinetry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.