As the Westwood Purchasing and Scheduling Administrator, you will have the opportunity to work alongside an incredibly talented group of unicorns within our organization.
You love working in a tight knit team, you eat breathe & sleep strategy and process and your level of achievement in Tetris is impressive. Every opportunity you get to streamline process, follow up on the finite details and put SOP’s in place, you devour it and move on to the next challenge. You pride yourself on your easy-going communication style and your ability to mediate and meditate…yup, balance is your middle name.
Westwood is an innovative and inclusive organization that deeply values your input, experience, and ideas to be a part of the well-oiled machine that is purchasing and scheduling. You will work in a supportive environment with an amazing, welcoming, experienced team that shares a passion for everything in its’ place and a deep sense of purpose to provide accurate and on time targets.
Does this role sound too good to be true and you feel like you are the perfect candidate, fantastic … keep reading …
- Approves purchasing invoices, reviews packing slips, follows up on late orders
- Manages outsourced materials by ordering, reviewing confirmations and packing slips
- Monitors clear coat and paint department stock orders
- Recognizes and reports any discrepancies
- Ensures quality control and environment procedures
- Places and follows up on routine purchase orders and carefully maintains the master purchase order list
- Coordinates the outsourced materials and carefully monitors delivery on all items that are purchased
- Prepares price comparisons and analysis using spreadsheets for purchased items he/she is responsible for
- Intermediate Excel skills required
- Working understanding of shipping and receiving
- Set up and or maintain purchasing schedule from each vendor
- Help develop ongoing processes that help to either maintain and or improve the purchasing models that exist within the Westwood system
- Reviews confirmations & updates system • Receives packing slips into system.
- Will be required to provide back up during vacation and times where coverage is required
- Schedules incoming jobs into the master schedule by following company guidelines
- Tracking all orders on reserve, and ensure they are in and scheduled
- Following business plan guidelines, and ensure box rate/revenue targets are met
- Working knowledge of the various programs for scheduling such as Cash and Carry, RTA.
SKILLS & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- One-year experience working in a Purchasing Department, preferably within the cabinet manufacturing industry
- Experience with basic office software including use of Microsoft Word, Internet, Email, Access and/or Excel software
- Capable of providing consistently accurate work under pressure situations and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills including personal contact, phone, and written communication
- Above average skills with mathematics including the ability to easily convert units (e.g. currency, weight, volume, etc.)
- Above average ability to problem solve and logically formulate an effective solution(s)
- Capable of meeting required workload and working overtime when required
- Have a high degree of attention to detail.
Westwood is looking for people who want to be a part of a top-notch cabinetry company that values hard work and believes in a positive work environment and culture for everyone on our team.
Here’s why we rock:
- 100% paid extended health & dental benefits
- Competitive industry wage
- Onsite free parking.
If you are ready to join this amazing organization and you feel you’ve got what it takes…then show us! Send us your resume and tell us the reasons why you are the missing link. We can’t wait to meet you! If you are interested in joining an organization that has been in Kelowna for 49 years and is just getting started, then send your resume to: email@example.com
Westwood Fine Cabinetry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Only candidates eligible to work in Canada need apply and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.